I am a Research & Systems Engineer in Telecommunications & Networks Lab (INSPIRE Group), FORTH-ICS (https://www.inspire.edu.gr) in Greece, since 2014. I am working as Internet measurement specialist responsible for designing and building networking systems to address emerging challenges in related areas, namely, inter-domain routing, security and performance.
In parallel, I follow a part-time remote PhD program under the supervision of Dr. Vasileios Giotsas and Prof. David Hutchison. My PhD topic is about constructing a network resilience observatory against Internet misbehaviours.
- Internet measurements
- Inter-Domaing routing and security
- Software Defined Networks
- V. Giotsas, G. Nomikos, V. Kotronis, P. Sermpezis, P. Gigis, L. Manassakis, C. Dietzel, S. Konstantaras, and X. Dimitropoulos, “O Peer, Where Art Thou? Uncovering Remote Peering Interconnections at IXPs”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2020 (To Appear)
- G. Nomikos, V. Kotronis, P. Sermpezis, P. Gigis, L. Manassakis, C. Dietzel, S. Konstantaras, X. Dimitropoulos and V. Giotsas, “O Peer, Where Art Thou? Uncovering Remote Peering Interconnections at IXPs”, ACM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), 2018
- V. Kotronis, G. Nomikos, L. Manassakis, D. Mavrommatis and X. Dimitropoulos, “Shortcuts through Colocation Facilities” ACM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), 2017
- P. Sermpezis, G. Nomikos and X. Dimitropoulos, “Re-mapping the Internet: Bring the IXPs into Play”, IEEE NetSciCom workshop (co-located with IEEE INFOCOM), 2017
- G. Nomikos and X. Dimitropoulos, “traIXroute: Detecting IXPs in traceroute paths”, Passive and Active Measurement Conference (PAM), 2016
- R. Kloeti, B. Ager, V. Kotronis, G. Nomikos, and X. Dimitropoulos, “A Comparative Look into Public IXP Datasets”, ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review (CCR), 2016
- G. Nomikos, P. Pantazopoulos, M. Karaliopoulos, I. Stavrakakis, “Comparative Assessment of Centrality Indices and Implications on the Vulnerability of ISP Networks”, International Teletraffic Congress (ITC), 2014
- T. Hossmann, G. Nomikos, T. Spyropoulos and F. Legendre, “Collection and analysis of multi-dimensional network data for opportunistic networking research”, Elsevier Computer Communications, 2012
- T. Hossmann, F. Legendre, G. Nomikos and T. Spyropoulos, “Stumbl: Using Facebook to Collect Rich Datasets for Opportunistic Networking Research”, Autonomic and Opportunistic Communications (AOC), 2011