Savvas Kastanakis received the Diploma in Telecommunications and Networks and in Distributed Computer Systems from the Computer Science Department, University of Crete, Greece.
He was a graduate student researcher at FORTH, Greece, and currently pursues a Ph.D at the School of Computing and Communications, Lancaster University, UK, under the supervision of Prof. Neeraj Suri and Dr. Vasileios Giotsas.
- Communication Networks
- Internet of Things
- Network Security
Distinctions and Awards
- Won second place in the 1st ACM SIGCOMM Hackathon, 2018
Received an honourable mention award for the paper “Content Recommendation and QoE: An Experimental Study on the Role of QoS Towards Video Preferences”, published in the 18th WPerformance – Workshop on Computing and Communication Systems Performance, SBC
- P. Sermpezis, S. Kastanakis, J. Pinheiro, F. Assis, M. Nogueira, D. Menasché and T. Spyropoulos. “Towards QoS-Aware Recommendations“, in Proceedings of the 2020 ACM RecSys Workshop on Context-Aware Recommender Systems (CARS 2.0 ’20)
- F. Assis, M. Nogueira, D. Menasche, J. Pinheiro, P. Sermpezis, S. Kastanakis, T.Spyropoulos, C. Delgado. “Content Recommendation and QoE: An Experimental Study on the Role of QoS Towards Video Preferences”, in Proceedings of the 2019 XVIII Workshop on Performance of Computer and Communication Systems, SBC
- S. Kastanakis, P. Sermpezis, V. Kotronis, X. Dimitropoulos. “CABaRet: Leveraging Recommendation Systems for Mobile Edge Caching”, in Proceedings of the 2018 ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Mobile Edge Communications (MECOMM ’18)
- [Poster Session] S. Kastanakis, M. Nogueira, F. Assis, P. Sermpezis, D. Menasche, T. Spyropoulos. “Towards QoS-friendly Content Recommendations: An Experimental Framework”, 2018 ACM International Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (CoNEXT ’18)